Enjoying summer is true bliss, but it does take a toll on your body. Whether it’s from the sea water, sun, sand or even air conditioning, you go through a lot of wear and tear without noticing. Your skin gets thicker and drier, especially on your face, and your hair gets brittle and lackluster. Learn the tips and tricks to pampering your hair and skin at the end of summer.
Repair damaged, breaking hair
Your hair goes through more damage in the summer
You love summer. Your hair? Not so much. Sea salt, chlorine, air conditioning and sand all contribute to drying your hair out, which can result in breakage. As your tan fades and fall approaches, chances are your sun-streaked summer hair could use a little tender loving care.
Treat it with the Aromachologie Intensive Repair hair care collection, starting with our silicone-free Aromachologie Intensive Repair Shampoo to help repair and strengthen dry, brittle and damaged hair. Follow with our Aromachologie Intensive Repair Conditioner and Aromachologie Intensive Repair Mask to give your hair a boost and set it back on the right track for fall.
Pamper your skin
To keep your skin looking healthy and supple, even when it is suntanned, you need to exfoliate before moisturizing.
Here are tips to incorporate in your daily body care routine for silky-smooth skin:
- In the shower, gently massage a body scrub, like Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Scrub, to your whole boy, in circular motions from top to bottom
- Bathe with Shea Body Shower Oil to cleanse and help keep skin moisturized all day long
- Apply a nourishing oil, like Almond Supple Skin Oil, once out of the shower for smoother-looking and delightfully supple skin
- Massage Certified Organic* Pure Shea Butter to help nourish and soften skin
Bring healthy radiance back to the skin
LONG HOURS OUTDOORS IN THE SUMMER CAN DEPLETE YOUR SKIN'S MOISTURE LEVELS
Spending long hours outdoors during the summer can deplete your skin’s moisture levels, which keep your face dewy and healthy-looking. Follow this simple Immortelle Divine skincare ritual to bring radiance back to your skin:
- Cleanse and remove impurities with the double cleansing technique. Start with Immortelle Divine Cleansing Balm to remove oil-based impurities including sebum and makeup. Follow with a water-based cleanser, like Immortelle Divine Foaming Cleansing Cream, to get rid of water-based impurities like sweat and dirt.
- Prep your skin for the rest of your ritual with Immortelle Divine Lotion. Dispense on a cotton pad and apply in the shape of a W under the eyes and chin and an M along the forehead.
- Take care of your eye contour by taking a rice-sized amount of Immortelle Divine Eye Balm on your ring finger and patting it along your eye contour.
- Target visible signs of aging by applying 1-2 pumps of Immortelle Divine Serum to the face.
- Finish by moisturizing and nourishing your skin with Immortelle Divine Cream. Warm a small amount in your hands and gently massage along your face, neck and décolletage in upward motions.
Maintain beautifully nourished suntanned skin
How to care for your skin after summer
Suntanned skin, though often considered attractive and enviable, is actually your skin’s reaction to sunlight. Melanocytes – skin cells that produce melanin, the pigment that makes our skin darken – are stimulated with sun exposure, giving us a tan. But suntanned skin is also thicker, drier, and less elastic.
Shea Butter and Almond Oil are your best allies to help to nourish your skin after summer.
Nourish delicate eye contour
Breathe in, breathe out
Senses and benefits
Our sense of smell holds strong effects in creating moments that influence the way we feel. L’Occitane’s Aromachologie Relaxing collection is carefully formulated with the calming scents of sweet orange, geranium, lavender, bergamot, and mandarin essential oils to help you unwind before the fall season.
Massage your body with the Aromachologie Relaxing Body Cream or spritz the Aromachologie Pillow Mist before bed time to create pure moments of relaxation.